Prolapsed disc also known as slipped disc or more commonly as herniated disc is a back deformity. Herniated disc is often cause for severe lower back pain. The disc does not actually slip but it presses on nerves that cause irritation and pain. In one case the pressure on the nerve may cause pain and other symptoms in a leg. Prolapsed disc is most commonly developed in the age range between 30 and 50 years.
The spine is mad up of many bones called vertebrae, each vertebra is separated by a disc. The disc is made of rubbery material which gives the spine its flexibility. This structure is responsible for housing and protecting the spinal cord and the nerves that are connected from to the brain.
Many times, because of external pressure and other variables the spine deforms. This may be due to certain work conditions or exercises or simply a natural occurrence. The spine can get shortened, it can get its shape changed, get misaligned and in the case of prolapsed disc the discs can budge out pinching the nervous system.
Some of these risk factors have been identified for prolapsed disc. However, these may not hold true for all.
- Lifting a lot of weights (as a sport or for work)
- Sitting for a long time (like works involving driving)
- Back Pain is one of the main symptoms. The pain comes suddenly and is eased by lying back. Movement, coughing or sneezing worsens the condition.
- Sciatica is another symptom is another symptom. This pain is not felt in the back but is felt in the leg. The reason being that the disc applies pressure on the nerve root. Pain caused by sciatica can warry from mild to severe. This pain is often described by a burning feeling or sensation.
- Nerve Root Pain is also experienced by people suffering from prolapsed disc. While sciatica is caused by pinching on the sciatic nerve other nerves may also be affected. This causes pain like pins or numbness in a leg, foot or buttock. The area affected varies from the nerves affected.
Backrack Lumbar Support Technology
Backrack belt is a medical tool developed to deal with back pain and to help heal the back from deformities. This belt works on many back conditions. It was created from the specialists of Harley Street, renowned for their work in the medical field.
Other belts do nothing more than provide support while the Backrack belt works on the cause of pain and helps your back get in a healthy position again.