Benefits Of Using Backrack For Spinal Decompression
SUMMARY of Medical Rationale: The basis for the revolutionary self-care non-invasive patented (TM and CE certified) orthopaedic Backrack SPINAL MOBILISER device, is centered on a comprehensive system of orthopaedic medicine principles for self-treatment of spinal disorders (common BACK PAIN) that were developed by Dr. Cyriax and Maitland.
The device itself applies mechanical pressure on the spine, to decompress the vertebrae and lengthen the spine. This process allows for relief from pain and stiffness along the three major sections of the spine – lumbar, thoracic and cervical.
The normal adult spine is anatomically imperfect and can be deemed to be skeletally deformed. Thus, diagnosis of various spinal conditions can be very complicated, even when performed by spinal specialists.
However, abnormal spine criteria (not abnormal joints), including bone abnormalities, new/old soft tissue changes, movement abnormalities and pain response, are treatable by a SPINAL MOBILISER system, called the Backrack.
The system applies a revolutionary concept based on Orthopaedic Medicine and Spinal Rehabilitation, called spinal decompression. Applications of the device are related to the spinal pathology that require treatment. For example, spinal deformity disorders that occur due to mechanical pathologies and symptoms are treatable according to specific principles.
The Mechanics Behind The Device
A SKELETAL / PRIMARY PASSIVE oscillatory movement controls an ACTIVE NEURO-MUSCULAR-SECONDARY one. That is why the system is NOVEL in its effectiveness.
Oscillatory movement is performed by the patient whilst lying down on the rack. The patient’s body weight shifts upon application of specific motions. Thus, the facet joints return towards their starting position. Repeated application of weight leads to progressive decompression of the spinal structures.
As a result, the spine lengthens and both joint mobility and soft tissue elasticity increase, and stiffness is reduced. Patients can control their own body weight distribution precisely via the longitudinal axis of the device. Through rhythm, amplitude, force and position a self-mobilisation treatment can be performed.
A lying down position allows for a reduction of total body weight load by 25%, reducing the effort needed to perform the movements required for decompression of the spine.
Repetitive movements of the vertebral canal, intervertebral foramen, neuro-central joints, zygoaphophyseal joints, foraminal and canal structures, the spinal cord, the duras, blood vessels, nerve roots and their dural structures are all involved.
The specific medical rationale of the system is based upon principles of ORTHOPAEDIC MEDICINE (since 1960) pioneered by Cyriax and Maitland, that address the causes, and subsequently the symptoms of back pain as well as spinal-related disorders.
The specific rationale is contained in a CE mark, 40 pages of medical validation, and an extensive literature of 192 authors. MOBILISATION of acute chronic disorders is a commonly accepted EFFECTIVE THERAPY.
The System covers many venues of spinal disorders through 2 product applications:
Backrack Spinal Decompresion Device, designed for HOME use: acts on the whole spine –> lying down position of use
Backrack Lumbar Decompression Belt designed to be used (worn) while performing regular daily activities: –> acts on the lumbar spine -> standing position of use
Benefits of Self-Help Therapy with Backrack Technology
- Treats CAUSES, and subsequently SYMPTOMS.
- Relieves pain, stiffness, increases mobility and soft tissue elasticity.
- Relaxes the whole spine/ body, relieving tension (psycho-somatic).
- Treats daily stress/ tension/ headaches.
- 100% safe, no side-effects.
- May prevent from surgery and age-related disorders of the spine.
- Natural therapy, no medical supervision required to see life quality improved.
- INDISPENSABLE for computer users, office workers, car drivers, aeroplane travellers, sport fitness, construction workers, manual labourers and other professions requiring physical activities that place a high level of stress on the spine.
- Endorsed by world top spinal specialists (CE mark).
- World-patented technology.
Causes of Back Pain
IMPORTANT - CONTRAINDICATIONS
Before using the Backrack device please take note of the following contraindications to make sure it is safe for you to use. DO NOT use the Backrack if you:
- Have a vertebral fracture (that is not healed).
- Suffer from severe scoliosis (Cobb angle deviation > 45°).
- Have a malignant spinal tumour.
- Have a spinal infection (e.g. meningitis).
- Suffer from severe Osteoporosis.
- Are pregnant.
- Notice that the (Backrack) device is broken.
- Find it too difficult to use on land/on the floor as an elderly person.