If you have stumbled upon this post, you must be suffering from some kind of back pain, and eagerly looking for solutions to improve it. But before treating back pain, you must first understand why it happens in the first place.
You’ll be surprised to know that back pain is one of the most common problems faced by people today. If you have it, you aren’t alone. Almost 80% of adults experience it at least once during their lifetime at some point or the other.
You may end up with pain in the back due to a number of reasons. It may be due to some serious issues involving the muscles, ligaments or bones of the back. However the more common (and thankfully, less serious) causes are mechanical, which may be due to improper posture, trauma, or degenerative changes in your body as you age.
Causes of Back Pain
Some common and rare causes of back pain are mentioned below.
MECHANICAL, LESS SERIOUS AND MORE COMMON CAUSES:
- Strains or sprains: This is the most common reason for back pain. The main underlying cause is overstretching, tearing of ligaments, tendons or muscles, which may occur due to improper lifting, lifting heavy objects, or overstretching.
- Disc Degeneration: This occurs when the intervertebral disc (disc between two vertebral bones) becomes less elastic with age.
- Disc herniation or rupture: Herniation (bulging due to compression) or rupture of the intervertebral disc.
- Spinal stenosis: This is narrowing of the spinal column, which compresses the nerves and spinal cord, leading to back pain and numbness or weakness.
- Trauma: Injuries due to sports, accidents, falls may damage the spine. The back pain in this case may also result due to sprains, strains, herniation or disk rupture.
- Sciatica: Compression of the sciatic nerve, resulting in shock-like burning pain through the buttocks, down one leg up till the foot.
- Skeletal abnormalities: Pain due to abnormal structure of the spine.
SOME RARE BUT SERIOUS CAUSES:
- Infections (involving the vertebra e.g. osteomyelitis; discs or joints of the back)
- Inflammation of joints (e.g. arthritis, spondylitis)
- Osteoporosis (a disease resulting is decreased bone density, resulting is easy fractures)
- Others: Cauda equine syndrome (compression of spinal nerves due to ruptured disc), aortic aneurysm (abnormally enlarged blood vessels in the abdomen), endometriosis (buildup of uterine tissue in places other than uterus), fibromyalgia (a syndrome involving widespread muscle fatigue and pain).
Most of the time, we end up with back pain due to our day-to-day activities. These may include sitting at home or work for prolonged periods, improper sleeping patterns or improper posture while lifting heavy objects. Surprisingly, the only one most important solution to this problem is improving your posture, and that’s where we come in.
About Spinal Backrack™
We are a small, highly regarded, London-based spinal clinic. Our managing director, Bogdan Luklinski, is a leading specialist in spinal medicine based at his clinic in Harley Street, London, UK.
Backrack™ Spinal Decompression Device
Backrack™ is a simple looking back pain treatment device for home use. Its design and technology is backed by years of research. It is a self-help product aimed at alleviate back pain by improving posture. Find more details about Backrack™ by clicking here.
How Backrack™ Improves Posture?
The shape of the device mimics the exact spinal curvature alignment, resulting in support for the back. The wooden structure cushions the vertebra on either side, pushing them up or decompressing the joints. This results in decreased stiffness, increased joint mobility and reduction in back pain.
Is Backrack™ for me?
If you are suffering from cervical (neck pain), thoracic (middle back), lumbar pain (lower back pain) then yes, Backrack™ is for you.
Instead of expensive therapies or invasive treatments that mask the symptoms of back pain, this device focuses on treating the root cause of pain, resulting in a long lasting relief from back problems.
How to Use Backrack™ Device?
- Lie on the rack as relaxed as possible in a basic central position, with knees bent
- Once in the Starting Position, a series of exercises must be performed. These have been carefully developed from long experience to mobilize the joints of the spine and to reduce as required, back, neck, and hip pain.
- For more details on the posture and exercises, view the Backrack™ manual on the website.
How Backrack™ is Different from Other Treatments?
- Backrack™ can be used without any supervision or professional help, at home.
- It focuses on treating the main cause of back pain instead of masking the symptoms.
- It improves posture naturally without involving any invasive or complicated treatments.
- Using it doesn’t take more than 20 minutes. You can use it every other day, and adding Backrack™ to your daily life helps you prevent all forms of Back pain and their associated symptoms.
- It is a once in a lifetime investment for long-lasting results.